Monday, April 19, 2010

Wednesday...

I get my call this Wenesday! I know CRAZY! This whole process has taken forever! Lol, but I can handle it.

So, someone asked me the other day why I was leaving and I gave a really lame response. I highly doubt that person will ever read my blog, but I am going to respond here.

I told that person that I was unsure why I was going, it think I gave this answer because I was super tired and befuddled.

I do know why I am going, there are a million reasons why I am going. I think that the main one is because I know it is right for Helen. This whole process has been one giant leap of faith for me. I have had to work so hard to get where I am right now. (For those of you who know the whole story you totally understand!)

The other day I was walking across campus and I ran into my friend Matt, who is also getting his mission call this wednesday. We started talking and laughing. Discussing where we would think it would be cool to go. We didn't know at the time that we had an audience. When all of the sudden this guy walks over to us and ask "do you mind if I say something to you two?" Uh, well what were we going to say? It seemed like he was going to say it whether we said yes or no. So we let him speak.

He said to us, " I am a convert to the church. And I can tell both of you that the Lord will send you to the place where there is that one person who is waiting for you to bring them the truth."

It was such a neat experience for me. To hear a convert kinda bear his testimony. On parting he looked back at both of us and said " I am so jealous of both of you, that you get to go and teach. I never had the opportunity but I wish that I had."

I know this church is true. I know the blessings the gospel brings. I am so grateful for it. Not everyone gets to go out and spread this joy...

Serving a mission is a once in a life time opportunity. Getting married and having a famiy can wait. I will have the chance to do that for the rest of my life. But I will only have the chance to spread the joy of the gospel as a missionary once in my life.

Those are some of the reasons I am going. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior's love! :) Life will all work out. Just have faith and know that God's timing is perfect, we just may not know it at the time!

Love ya all!
Hels.

No comments:

Post a Comment