Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SWCA, this is Helen...

This is how I answer the phone fifty billion times everyday. Do you want to know what I have noticed. People are hard to understand on the phone. When I ask them what their name is, it is like they purposely bring the phone closer to their mouths so that it is all mumbled and I can't hear a thing that they are saying. It makes things rather difficult...
Mmmm...the things we compost...

And here we have the green box






 so, I walked into the break room my first week. (I have been meaning to blog about this for a while...) And I am eating my lunch, all alone, no big deal. When I look over to the recycling bins. (Okay, I work at an envorionmental consulting firm. Of course they are going to have recycling bins...) and I notice a green bin...then I read the sign above the green bin. it says. "SWCA is composting!!" Followed by a list of things that can be put in the compost box. WHAT THE! I have never worked in a place where there was intentional decay of waste products going on. What are we going to do with the compost when we are done? I hope that someone has a garden. As weird as this was to me. I have come to the conclusion that is is awesome! I love the fact that I work with a bunch of environmentalist who like to be kind to our earth. I think that it is even rubbing off on me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment