Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Im not narsasitic!

Alright, so for my employment I work as a receptionist for an environmental consulting firm in Salt lake city. I love my job and I love the people I work with. The only down thing is that there is a lot of down time. Which, you know is not really a bad thing, it just gets kinda boring sometimes. To battle the boredom I often find myself doing an assortment of things to entertain myself. one of the things that I did this morning was Google myself...I know! It is so nerdy. But I was interested in finding out what was on line about me. I would like to share some of the things that popped up. (For the record nothing about me actually popped up...)

WE ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES!!!

Helen Jean Wilson She passed away on 26 Jan 1936 in Land St Keith, Scotland. Helen Jean Wilson 1928 ~ 2011 Our beloved wife, mother, grandma, sister, friend---Helen Jean Wilson, 82 passed away.
(What the random pictures of old women, these are the only pictures that came up...I'm diggin' it. At least all of the pictures are of attractive old women, if this is a common trend I will take it.)

I have always said that I have an old woman's name and this just goes to prove it! Funny story, while my Aunt Susan was in the states For my Granny Helen's funeral, she had my Granny's old cell phone number, which was to become my number once she had returned back home to Australia. I had given this number to one of my best friends with implicet instructions not to call me until after wednesday. Seeing as how this is the day I would have the phone. Well, she forgot and called the number on tuesday night and my Aunt answers and my friend asks for me. Well, my aunt has no idea what is really going on, and the connection is really bad. (I'm just throwing this out there, you can only understand about 1/3 of what my friend says when she is talking to you on her phone.) So my Aunt's reply? "ummm, I don't know how to tell you this but Helen is dead..." My friend freaked out! Ha Ha... In all honesty though I love my name and I am so so grateful that I was named after one of the most amazing people on the face of the planet. My Grandma was awesome and a huge example to me. So, although I share my name with tons of women over the age of 80, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. This is my Grandma, who I was named after...She was amazing! And not too bad looking. Good genetics, I am really grateful for them!

1 comment:

  1. So, I love you and am so glad you are back and we need to catch up! I'm in St. George these days, so maybe email? Or Skype? Or something, but welcome home!! Loving the blog posts again! You are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete