Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gag ME!

I started a new job yesterday, and quit four hours later. This may seem slightly flaky to you all. I can see the little thought conversation bubbles popping up above your heads as I am writing this. These bubbles are containing thoughts such as, "Yep, that is typical Helen, not wanting to really work." or "Oh that crazy Helen, she is such a slacker. When is she going to learn to suck it up and just do it?" There are many more I know that have been thought. But, ladies and gentlemen, I am here to assure you that these thoughts (though once upon a time they might have been true) are ridiculous! I will now proceed to tell you about the worst job ever!

I thought that I was qualified for the position. I was going to be working with adults with disabilities. No big deal. I have done various jobs of this sort for the past four year. I have done everything and seen everything...so I thought...

I was going to be working in a house full of guys. I was scheduled for the graveyard shift from 11 pm to 9 am. INTENSE! But I assured myself that I could do this! I am a big girl and I have gotten accustomed to putting my big girls pants on.

I went for my training shift, and that is when it all crumbled at my feet. I don't even know where to begin. My supervisor had made it sound like I was going to be working with someone and that the house was an easy one...uh no...I was going to be working alone with Men who had serious problems. (Sexual problems, among other things) I was starting to panic! There was no way I was going to be able to do this!OH MY GOODNESS! I could hardly breath! It was so awful, not to mention the longer I was with the house manager, the more I realized she was a genuinely horrible person. I have never heard someone swear so casually ever! I know swearing seems like such a little thing but when accompanied with dirty jokes it is the cherry on top of a rotten banana split.

The kicker was then when I realized why they had me sign a disclaimer stating that I was not allowed to sue the company for any psycological or physical damages that I may incur while working for them. They mentioned to me that one client was sex crazed and could get violent if not stratified...so I should watch my back. UMMMM...no that's not happening.

So, needless to say, I am looking for a different job. ugh...I hate job hunting. I have applied for a position down at reams to work in their bakery. It would be a pretty sweet deal.

Oh boy, I am still in shock about everything...ugh...I just can't believe it. Wish me luck and maybe say a prayer that I will get the bakery job. It would be pretty amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes, lady! Glad you quit so fast, but so sorry it was such a horrible experience! Much love to you, and many, many prayers! Thanks for sharing your blog link, too!

    ReplyDelete